Latest news from
How To Place a Hold on a Library Item
1. Search for a library item in the catalog.
2. Click the Place Hold button next to the item that you want. Reference items cannot be placed on hold.
3. Log in to My Account.
4. The catalog displays the Request Verification page.
5. Choose a pickup location from the drop-down list.
6. Click on the SUBMIT button.
7. If your hold was placed successfully, you will get a confirmation message that includes the Hold Pickup Location.
8. Click Start Over to continue searching or click Regular Display to return to your search results.
OR Log in to My Account.before searching and placing holds.
For additional information regarding placing holds you can visit our Help Center.
New York Times Sunday Book Review RSS Feed
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds offer another way to get content. You can subscribe to a feed with your email address to receive the latest headlines, summaries and links back to full articles - formatted for your favorite feed reader and updated throughout the day. You can subscribe to the New York Times Sunday Book Review feed here Sunday Book Review.
Digital Magazines Are Now Available From the Santa Fe Public Library
The Santa Fe Public Library has expanded its digital collection with the addition of OverDrive Periodicals at http://sanfe.lib.overdrive.com. This new collection features nearly 60 popular digital magazines, including Dwell, Glamour, Outside, Wired, and many others.
Users can check out periodicals on the same digital library website where they currently borrow eBooks. All that is required is a valid Santa Fe Public Library card and to create a NOOK account. Titles can be read via a NOOK tablet device or Free NOOK Reading App available on Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), Android (Phones & Tablets) and Windows 8 (PCs & Tablets).
“The Library is so pleased to offer online magazines to our patrons, in addition to our popular eBooks and eAudiobooks. In response to patron requests, the Library now has over 60 magazines online,” stated Patricia Hodapp, Director of Libraries.
Check out our selection and please ask our Reference Librarians for any needed assistance. Also, you can visit the OverDrive Help page to get started with periodicals.
Main Library Media Collection
The Library has moved the Main Library media collection to the first floor open stacks. Patrons are now able to browse DVDs, both fiction and non-fiction along with the children's DVD collection. In addition, all audio books are also available to browse and check out. Items that have not been relocated, including all music CDs and some DVDs, can have holds placed on them.
To place a hold on any library item, patrons may call any of the libraries or visit the Library Catalog. The Main Library may be reached at (505) 955-6781 or (505) 955-6785; Oliver La Farge Branch at (505) 955-4860; Southside Branch at (505) 955-2820. Materials on hold may be sent to any of the library locations.
Our catalog includes LibraryThing
- LibraryThing features:
- Shelf Browse: see book covers arranged by call number
- Tags: explore labels for each item
- Similar Items: see recommendations for items like those you enjoy
- Series & Awards: view books, which are a part of series, as well as award winners
- Lexile Reading Level: locate materials by reading level
With LibraryThing, all of the information is right in front of you. You won't need to search a separate database or check out different websites to get reading recommendations or series information. Just click on the book covers or links and get all the information you need! As always, come visit us at any library, call our reference desks, or e-mail email@example.com if you have questions about this or any other resource.