Curbside Pickup Service at SFPL
Santa Fe Public Library now offers curbside pickup of library materials and print jobs at all three locations. Hours for curbside service are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 12 (noon) – 5:30 p.m.
Returns are now accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at our designated book drops. Please do not force your items if they happen to be full after hours. We do not have late fees, so please return at a later time in this unlikely event. All buildings remain closed to the public at this time.
Patrons can check out new materials by placing them on “hold” through the Library system’s online catalog catalog.santafelibrary.org (account log-in is patron’s last name and their library card number), and request the location where they would like to pick up their materials. Patrons can also call one of the Library branches for assistance with placing holds (Main Library: 955-6785; La Farge: 955-4860; Southside: 955-2810). Patrons without cell phones may also call these numbers to schedule a walk-up pickup appointment.
Starting on Tuesday, August 25 and all curbside service hours thereafter, SFPL will be offering curbside pickup of black and white print jobs to the public. Please call your branch reference desk if you have any questions about curbside printing pickup, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Main: 955-6781; La Farge: 955-4862; Southside: 955-2820)
- Submit your Document(s) for printing to email@example.com and specify how many total copies that you need.
- Please attach the file(s) or provide detailed web links to what you need printed.
- Specify which branch you will pick it up from with a contact name, phone number, and email.
- Print jobs require at least 24 hours and can only be picked up during curbside service Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday 12 noon to 5:30 p.m. Email is not responded to on Sundays.
- You will be contacted via email to verify when you can pick up the Print Job and the estimated cost.
- Print jobs will be available at the curbside walk up table. Please notify staff that you are picking up print jobs and not hold materials.
- Printing is Black & White only, up to 50 pages, and is 10¢ per side. Cash or coin only and due to COVID-19 safety we cannot make change at this time.
- All documents are printed in the format that they are received and will not be altered by Staff.
- Please remember that sending sensitive personal information through email is not recommended. All files will be deleted by staff after being printed.
Printing services are made possible by the Friends of the Santa Fe Public Library. Please consider donating and/or joining at https://www.santafelibraryfriends.org/support-us
Returns are not accepted at curbside pickup; patrons must use the outdoor book drops when returning materials. Returned materials will be placed in quarantine for 3 days before being checked in. Patrons may return materials and still see them on their account for 3-5 days afterward due to this health precaution. Holds may also take longer to fulfill due to this procedure. Any overdue notices patrons may receive for library materials that have already been returned may be disregarded.
Once the hold becomes available, patrons will be contacted by email or phone call. Patrons will have 10 days from the time of notice to pick up their materials at their requested curbside pickup location.
Each branch has dedicated parking spaces for patron pickup with numbers assigned. Once there, patrons are asked to call the phone number listed on signs to let staff know they’ve arrived. For confirmation, patrons will be asked to provide their name, date of birth, and library card number to verify their identity. All items will be bagged and brought out to their assigned parking space. Patrons must remain in their vehicle until staff return to the building.
Attending staff will wear personal protective equipment including facemasks and gloves, and follow public health protocols to protect themselves and the public from possible COVID-19 transmission.
Loan amounts have temporarily (or permanently upon review) been increased for all media items. Patrons may now check out up to 15 DVDs, 15 CDs, and 15 audiobooks on their card for up to 2 weeks. All Books, except New Books, will remain as 4 week checkouts and patrons may check out up to 50 at a time. New Books will remain as 2 week checkouts with a limit of 4 per card to promote quicker turnover of high demand items.
Santa Fe Public Library is continuing to follow mandates and guidelines from Gov. Lujan Grisham, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and the New Mexico Department of Health for the protection of patrons, staff, and our community.
Patrons are also encouraged to utilize the Library’s digital collections of eBooks, Audiobooks, Movies and virtual programming at santafelibrary.org.