August Program Calendar
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Read a book to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler regularly to reach 1,000 books before Kindergarten!
Studies prove that reading to your child promotes literacy and encourages parent and child bonding.
Set your child up for academic success!
Log reading, earn badges all along the way and receive a brand new book for every 100 books read!
Numerous studies estimate that as many as one in five children have difficulties learning to read. Reading has been associated as an early indicator of academic success. Public formal education does not typically start until ages 5-6. Before then, parents and caregivers are the first education providers during the 0-5 early critical years. The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge is a simple (read a book, any book to your child, with the goal of reading 1,000 before kindergarten) and very manageable endeavor.
For each book you read together, color in one circle on your reading log. Earn book prizes for reading and raise strong readers!
Sign up your child ages 0-5 years old on the Beanstack app today at: https://santafelibrary.beanstack.com/reader365
Or ask for a reading log at your nearest library.
For more information, please visit https://1000booksbeforekindergarten.org/
Check out our programs, stories, songs, crafts, experiments, and more on our Youtube Channel!
Got questions for the children’s librarians? We encourage children and youth to ask any and all questions via email@example.com!
Request Children’s Personalized Book Bundles For Checkout
Please fill out the form found here to request books on a particular topic for your child. We’ll call or email you when they’re ready for you to check out.
You can also call your nearest Children’s Department, Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m., for assistance:
Main Library, (505) 955-6837; La Farge, (505) 955-4863; Southside, (505) 955-2828
Free Children’s eBooks
Unicorns: Break The Cage
1. Click the link to access the FREE video and activities.
2. Sign in with Google or Facebook, or create a free account. Talewise will NOT send you advertising or put you on any mailing lists.
3. Ignore the payment method box, the system is automatically applying a coupon code for your FREE access.
4. After you sign in, scroll down and click ‘Continue’ to start the show!
5. The show is now saved in your Talewise account. Next time you want to access it just go to talewise.com, sign in, and pick up where you left off!
This video experience is brought to you by the Friends of the Santa Fe Public Library