Book and Media Donations
We are not accepting donations at this time. Donation capabilities will return once the libraries are open to the public.
The Friends of the Santa Fe Public Library gratefully accept gifts of new or used books and media items (CDs and DVDs only) on behalf of the Santa Fe Public Library.
We do not accept the following:
- Dirty, shabby, soiled, moldy, water-damaged, or animal-damaged books
- Books that are ripped, torn, or with excessive marking
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedias, real estate, law, or medical books
- VHS, audiocassettes, or vinyl albums
- Magazines (the library can take limited numbers of these for the “freebie shelves”)
Donated items are reviewed by library staff for possible addition to the library collection. Materials not selected by the library staff are reviewed by the Friends of the Santa Fe Public Library for possible sale at their bookstores or book sales. Proceeds from the Friends bookstores and book sales go to support the Santa Fe Public Library, purchasing new books and other media, and supporting library programs.
Donations become property of the Friends of the Santa Fe Public Library. No conditions may be placed on donated materials. A receipt for your gift is available from any Library Information Desk. Receipts for gifts only indicate type and number of items donated, not monetary value.
Donations may be dropped off at any library location during regular hours only.
Storage space is limited. Please contact the Friends before donating more than four boxes of books by email email@example.com or phone 505-955-2839.